Happy New Year! 2020 may be behind us, but COVID-19 is not. With that in mind, we are still keeping the majority of our pandemic-related policies in place. Notably, however, we have lifted the restriction on cash. Beginning JANUARY 1ST, The Soldiery Games & Cards is accepting cash for all in-store purchases. Curbside orders/orders over the phone will still require a card for purchase.
Our hours of operation are 12pm to 7pm Tuesday through Sunday. We are CLOSED on MONDAYS so that our staff can work on behind the scenes tasks to keep our store sanitary and well stocked.
During our open hours we are pleased to offer in-store shopping as well as curbside service for those that do not wish to enter the store or cannot comply with our mask policy. Customers can either call or email the store with their requested items and staff will perform a transaction over the phone and set the items aside. Upon arrival to the store, customers can call the store again and a staff member will either place the items outside on our stoop for pickup or directly into the trunk of the customer's vehicle.
For the safety of our staff and customers, we have the following policies for in-store shopping:
· Everyone entering the store will be required to wear a mask covering both their nose and mouth at all times.
· Social distancing of at least 6 feet from other customers and our staff should be maintained.
· To facilitate social distancing, the maximum number of shoppers allowed in the store at one time will be 10.
· No public restroom available.
· We are currently accepting trade-ins of Magic: The Gathering cards with the exception of common/uncommon bulk cards. C/UN cards must either reach the price threshold required to be given an individual offer or be part of our C/UN buylist (found in our photos on our Facebook page). Bulk rares/mythics will be accepted.
We want to thank everyone for their loyalty and their understanding through these strange and difficult times.
The Soldiery Games & Cards Team
A perfect slice of Nerdvana in Columbus OH!
The Soldiery Games & Cards is a full-service tabletop-game store, specializing in board games, CCG’s, miniatures and historical games, and RPG’s.
Check out our vast collection of Magic: The Gathering singles going all the way back to Revised Edition (Yes, we’re always buying Magic singles!); our extensive inventory of card and party games; and one of the broadest selections of board games in Central Ohio (over 3000 titles in stock!).
Like Warhammer 40k? So do we! We stock 40k, Citadel miniatures, and Age of Sigmar deeply. And we discount all Games Workshop and Citadel purchases 15%.
If there’s something you’re looking for we don’t have, we’re happy to special- order it.
We currently support at-home organized play for Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokémon!
Something is always happening at The Soldiery Games & Cards!
Come see us at 4256 N. High Street in Columbus. You can contact us at
The Soldiery Games & Cards – Never Outgrowing Fun Since 1991!
Magic the Gathering Buy/Trade Policy
We Offer Cash or Trade!
We are looking for any:
1. Planeswalkers valued over $5.
2. Valuable cards (rares valued over $8 ($5 for Standard) and $3.50 for uncommons and commons including uncommon planeswalkers), that we don't already have many in stock.
3. Bulk Rares/Mythics ($1 store credit per 6 rares/mythics, must be actual rares, no time spiral purples or foreign cards).
4. Bulk everything else (not basic land) at $1.00 to $2.00 per 1000 in store credit - CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Trade Policy: We give store credit on a sliding scale from 30% to as high as 60%, depending on how quickly we feel the card might sell, how many we already have in stock and condition of the card. Typical percentages for popular standard cards would be 35% to 45%.
We give half of store credit, if you want cash (or combination of credit and cash).
Behind the Laughing Ogre comic book shop, block and a half south of Henderson Road and High St. on the east side of High St. in Clintonville (suburb of Columbus).
Bus routes: Multiple bus routes allow for easy access to the store. The #2 bus passes right in front of the store, on High St. The #2 is ideal for transportation from the Downtown area or from OSU campus. The #33 stops at the corner of Henderson Rd. and High St. just 2 blocks north of the store.
ALL in-store events are suspended starting 3/16/2020 until further notice